Your insurance company does not want you to know:
An estimate is just a guess on the cost of repairs; it is not a final bill. All of the additional items needed are presented to the insurance company once the vehicle has been disassembled.
The total cost of the repair cannot be 100% known until each individual part on the damaged area of the car is taken off the car and inspected.
Anybody who guarantees a cost on repairs is misleading you, as no one has the ability to see all of the possible hidden costs until the damaged portion of car is disassembled.
We guarantee that we will do a better job and deliver your car more quickly then your insurance company's Direct Repair Shop.
The State Law in Georgia only requires you get one estimate and that is from the shop you choose to repair your vehicle.
You may be asked if your car is drivable. You should know that most of the time you could drive your car away, but is your car safe to drive? If you feel uncomfortable driving your car, don't drive it and make sure you tell the insurance company.
When an insurance company gives a warranty for an auto repair it has zero value, as the only enforceable warranty is with the shop completing repairs.
When you are involved in an accident the value of your vehicle declines. Most insurance companies will pay you some money for diminished value, but most only pay a small portion of what is actually owed. Upon request we will work with you to maximize the compensation you receive for diminished value.
How do I care for my vehicles newly painted surfaces?
Recommendations and Precautions for the first 30 days:
- Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean fresh water.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade.
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface.
- Do not "dry wipe" your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish happens easily in the first 30 days.
- Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. Also, tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, anti-freeze, transmission fluid or windshield solvent on the new finish.
Do not Wax or Polish the vehicle for the first 90 days. This will allow the finish to dry and harden completely
Important Info About Hail Damage Claims
It depends on how your policy is written, but most hail damage claims have a lower or zero deductible, as it is considered an act of God (Comprehensive Claim). Hail damage usually hits every panel on your car, which means it always costs more then your deductible.
How we handle hail claims once you leave the car at our shop:
- We wash your car and count all the dents using a fluorescent light to illuminate dents.
- Then we disassemble the car according to the panels that need to be repaired.
- We contact the insurance company about the dents they missed. (This happens on every car)
- Once approved, we attempt Paintless Dent Removal (PDR).
- If it is determined that PDR is not going to work, traditional auto body repair methods are used.